[CQ-Contest] Copy of: JAs & Contesting (was Novices/Technicians)

Y Matsuda jh4nmt at st.rim.or.jp
Fri Mar 6 17:19:45 EST 1998

de jh4nmt

 Hi Hal, thanks for your nice explanation about JA ham.
 I would like to add some informations on your thread.

"Hal Offutt" wrote on "march 1st",
with subject "[CQ-Contest] Copy of: JAs & Contesting (was Novices/Technicians)".

 >200 watts.  The Fourth Class license, the one which does not require a
 >Morse code test, grants SSB privileges on all Japanese amateur frequencies
 >except for 14 Mhz but carries a power limit of 20 watts.  This license has

 for the fourth class licence, 10MHz, 14MHz, and 18MHz bands are not included for
the privilege, and out put power on HF bands are still 10W.
 VHF and above had changed.

 >been the most popular and accounts for about 90% of all Japanese amateurs.
 >The Third Class license adds a Morse test to the Fourth Class requirements
 >and gives its holders CW privileges on the Fourth Class bands and 50 watts
 >output.  (The power limits previously were 500, 100, and 10 watts output
 >but were recently increased.)

 From statistical information from MPT.

 Numbers of amateur radio station

1992    1,283,185
1993    1,325,527
1994    1,364,316
1995    1,350,127
1996    1,296,056-----(101W to 500W:  2,611)
                      ( 51W to 100W: 17,360)
                      ( 11W to  50W:235,856)

 >so I can't give the exact figures, but there are around 2.5 million
 >operator licenses and about 1.2 million station licenses today.  The

Numbers of amateur radio operator licencee in 1996

1st class    18,735  (0.63%)
2nd class    69,598  (2.35%)
3rd class   140,043  (4.7%)
4th class 2,733,351  (92.3%)
total     2,961,727

* If you would like to know more, contact MPT WWW following

http://www.zaimu.mpt.go.jp/tokei/eng1996.html

 MPT authorized eighty-eight seventy-seven, and you-three.
yoshiyuki Matsuda/JH4NMT/WD2M/ex5U7M/K6Z fax81-824-23-1641
....jh4nmt at st.rim.or.jp / 615197 at pnet.energia.co.jp ......

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com