[CQ-Contest] No Contesters for 9M0C!!

Eugene Walsh EWALSH/0004504465 at MCIMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 9 02:36:00 EST 1998

Dear Contest Persons:

Re: 9M0C Wonderfulness!

G3XTT, who's operating technique I have always
admired, has made a truly arrogant case for blowing
a guy off who only wanted a contest number.  The only
the money, and from W2CE who does not compete in contests,
so (?).

I have been contesting for over 40 years.  I know what
it's like to chase some twit who won't give you a
number for some convoluted reason which he has
convinced himself is appropriate (He also thinks you
are a SLIME-PIG-etc).

I am not surprised that someone is saying that any person
wanting a new band/mode/power-level/language/voice-expression
country is more than welcomed to call in, while someone who
is going bang up in the contest (And expending tremendous
amounts of physical and emotional energy; more than that
other person can even imagine) is lower than whale dung on
the ocean floor-and is to be ignored-indeed DRIVEN AWAY-by
the "Truly Enlightened"!

What IS surprising is that this garbage is on the CONTESTERS
REFLECTOR!

When I am operating the AA and someone from somewhere else
calls in, I say "Hello".  If I am in the ARRL and someone
from Iowa calls, I say "Hello".  If someone asks for a number
(Or a favorite color) in the "East Overbite QSO party" I
give him a number.  I did this when I was in Africa,
Caribbean, and all around the town.  Anything else would be
acting like a jerk.  Certainly not like a HAM!

I do, however, admit that any person is free to act
any way he or she wishes; however "Enlightened" (Or
annointed) they feel that they may be.  I am free,
also, to feel that some of them suck (In the vernacular
of my kids).

73 Gene N2AA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com