[CQ-Contest] contest QSOs - Confirming QSO's

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Mon Mar 9 19:07:04 EST 1998

At 11:18 AM 3/9/98 -0800, you wrote:
>One type of pile-up management technique that bothers me more than
>Danny's examples is the failure of the running station to acknowledge
>the exchange sent to him.  Some few think they save time by hitting a
>key and having their voice or cw keyers send their call sign after the
>exchange is sent to them.  This leaves the station worked(?) wondering
>if he was heard and is in the log or if the running station has given up
>and is soliciting new QSOs.

Well I have to disagree with my WRTC partner on this one.  As long as the
station is consistent in his pattern of operating, it is FB in my book.
And I would argue that the time saved over a 48 hour period is worthwhile.
However, I dont think time savings is worthwhile unless you are REALLY
running the boys.

I have operated this way only twice... KP2A M/S WPX CW (World Record) and
WRTC 96 (Most Q's).  Both times I felt it was worthwhile and effective with
little or no confusion from the masses.

Just my opinion.

73

Bill, W4AN