[CQ-Contest] Frequency theft

Mike no6x at inreach.com
Wed Mar 11 15:14:43 EST 1998

Yeah, what is with this. On sunday morn I was running EU on 20 meters. I
had a Italian "300" watt statin try to steal my frequency. And a very well
known call at that.
After trying to tell him that the frequency was busy for a few minutes, and
getting no where. I tried to pretend that he was calling me.
"qrzed contest I..."
"I... your 59 california, OK?"
"your call"
"november mike six quebec"
"november mike six quebec 59 300"
"thanks qrzed November mike six quebec"
I thought I ha done it, but when I let off the ptt there he was calling cq
again. I got an idea!
"f6... 59 cal"
"thanks, qrz"
"dl6... 59 cal"
"thanks qrz"
"g4... 59cal"
I just started making up calls and working them as fast as I could, not in
the log of course. I appologize to anyone that I may have "worked" in that
little "pile-up".
You know after about 8 or 10 of those he went away, guess he figured
finally that it was possible for a W6 to run EU.

GL See you all from Z3 for WPX SSB
Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com