[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX Phone - 14.150.5MHz

Chris W Tran chris.tran at zetnet.co.uk
Wed Mar 11 17:07:02 EST 1998

Hello all

I listened for a while around 1100z on Sunday to K1KI and W3LPL
fighting for 14.150.5 - hearing both sides it seemed to me that
they both logged the same station a few times - maybe not.

I feel that if they did log the same station, it is partly
the fault of the DX station - on 40m split for example more
than one station may be transmitting or receiving on the same
frequency, and the onus is on the DX to specify who he is
giving the report to - W3LPL you're 59400, K1KI 59KW, etc.
This doesn't waste too much time and makes sure you are logged
correctly - repeated if necessary.

As for what constitutes a completed correct QSO, surely a 'run'
operator should always, at some stage, give the full correct
call of the station he thinks he is working, or at least
acknowledge any corrections the other station makes ?

BTW - I asked W3LPL if he didn't mind me calling CQ as well,
on the same frequency - I did, and he did laugh !

73     Chris Tran   GM3WOJ/GM8V
North of Scotland Contest Group
<chris.tran at zetnet.co.uk>

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com