[CQ-Contest] TWO entries in ONE Contest

Barry Kutner w2up at itw.com
Thu Mar 12 01:43:29 EST 1998

On 11 Mar 98, John Devoldere (ON4UN) <john.devoldere at innet.be> wrote:

> If tomorrow W3LPL or K3LR would suddenly submit 4 or 5 single band logs,
> nobody would believe these were all unassisted efforts, unless it would
> maybe have been announced prior to the contest. In any case if Frank or Tim
> ever wanted to organize such an effort, they could use different calls.

I presume the intent of the rule prohibiting multiple single-band
logs from the same station are the following:

1. It allows the station to analyze the logs and scores post-contest,
then determine which entry class yields the best chance of winning a
category. For example, if LPL loses to LR as a M/M, maybe LPL would
win single band 40, single band 80, etc. That doesn't seem right.

2. It allows a  multi-multi to potentially win several categories,
taking away from others' chances. It's bad enough the M/Ms take the
band edges on every band. You want them to win every category too?
(Asbestos suit on)

> The problem is that in some countries, e.g. in Belgium we are forced to use
> one single call, because we get the high-power contest license with one
> single call for one station (location).

I suppose you could operate "regular" high power, and then use
several calls. Why the extra high power? To compete with the 300
watt Italians? :.)

73 Barry

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at itw.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry at w2up.wells.com