[CQ-Contest] M/S READ THIS

HC5C CQWW SOABLP w5robert at blkbox.com
Sun Mar 15 16:47:40 EST 1998

Been reviewing my HC5C CQ WW N-I-L file & loss of a 160meter counter.

I worked P5AJ on 40 and then the next QSO was P5AJ on 160.
(callsign changed for this discussion)!
P5AJ was a M/S entry in the CQ WW SSB 1997 test.
I went through a lot of effort to get a full sized 160 dipole up and pretty
well
recall the 7 QSO's and 7 counters I worked there.
In general this does not effect stateside stations either
as they would be working the M/S run station.

I suspect that the 160 QSO with P5AJ caused a M/S rule violation for P5AJ
and was wiped from the log rather than zero counted & that the operation
didn't realize the rules require them to leave all QSO's in the log and
just zero count it.

>From my side of the QSO the only corrective action I can take is to only
work the
RUN station of a M/S.
I'd much rather see the M/S be aware not to wipe contacts out of their logs

that would result in a rule violation but just zero them out.
(that is allowed - right???)

Again a great tool posted on the Internet by the CQ WW group.  There are
bound to be
more examples come from the checking....

73's
HC5C SOABLP by W5AJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com