[CQ-Contest] Public Reporting of UBN data

Lee Hiers, AA4GA aa4ga at contesting.com
Tue Mar 17 00:41:28 EST 1998

On 16 Mar 98, Hans Brakob wrote:

> W4AN  writes:
>
> >I believe that contest sponsors should make these types of reports
> >public and we as contesters should be using this data for self
> improvement.
>
> Bill,
>
> You can use yours for self improvement.  I will use mine for self
> improvement.  In neither case does that require public release.

Well, I've been communicating with K3EST off-list about a multiplier
that was removed from my log.  I was just playing around, S&Ping on
40 single band.  I was about to quit and realized that I didn't have
a US multiplier, so I found a big MM (I believe) that was listening
on his own frequency and worked him.  Without question. Guess what?
The lid didn't log the QSO and I lose a mult!

> If you think your UBN report would be of value to the public, you
> are free to release it for study.

In my case, the public release of the NIL file would demonstrate a
pattern of this type behavior that may be of interest to the greater
contesting community.  I don't think it's up to me to do it, although
I think it should be done (in other words, don't ask who - I ain't
tellin'!).

Just my opinion...and worth everything you paid for it!

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers - AA4GA
Cornelia, GA