[CQ-Contest] No matter how you do it, I still lose!

Scott A. Lehman N9AG scottal at erinet.com
Thu Mar 19 00:47:24 EST 1998

Here is another aspect of the Big Guys not logging the zero-point QSOs.  In
the
CQWWCW I was one of the ops at the N8NR M/S.  We lost our 160 meter QSO
with K3LR and our 10 meter QSO with W0AIH because their ops chose not to
log
us.  They lost nothing, but we lost two zone multipliers and 11K points.

Now, suppose it's the 1998 CQWW CW and the entire N8NR crew is at J6DX
(which
will be the case).  Suppose we choose not to log K3LR and W0AIH.  What
happens?

Well, we will have made about 14K QSOs and in that bunch will be K3CR,
AA4LR,
W0AH, etc, etc.  The logs of K3LR and W0AIH will have nice "N's" on them
for the
reports of the J6DX QSOs, but there will be 3 or 4 possible matching calls
in our log.  Again, K3LR and W0AIH lose NOTHING, but now it's J6DX that
loses
about 5K points.

Since it appears that the busted call breast beating is here to stay,
wouldn't it
be more fair if both sides of the QSO lost when an "N" is involved?

73, Scott N9AG/J68AS

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com