[CQ-Contest] K7FR UBN thoughts

Eric Scace scace at uu.net
Wed Mar 18 02:57:07 EST 1998

Gary --

   A better solution to the "Ws not logging Ws" problem is education.

   Contesters on this reflector will quickly pick up on the need to log
(and mark) dupes and same-country QSOs.  But what about other participants?

   A suggestion:  The published rules be enhanced with a "Recommendations"
section.  Here are two recommendations:
-- all contacts between stations in the same country should be logged, with
0 QSO points assigned.
-- all duplicate contacts should be logged and marked as such.

-- Eric

At 12:01 PM 3/17/98 -0800, Gary A. Nieborsky PE wrote:
>I like it!
>
>Can't say I liked what I saw but it will be used as a tool.  I think the
>UBN process is a sound one and hope that these results will continue to be
>made available to the entrants.  As has been pointed out before: the zero
>point QSO thing needs to be addressed to eliminate the NIL  problem with
>W's.
>
>I won't embarass myself by posting the entire UBN Report.  I do feel
>compelled to list those W's that didn't have me in their log and cost me a
>zone or two.
>
>W7RM
>K3LR
>W5UN
>W4PRO
>
>I will not editorialize on these since I'm quite sure my skirts are not
>clean on this issue either.
>
>Let's make some change that will encourage the logging of W's by W's.  The
>change doesn't have to give W's some overly great bonus that turns CQWW
>into SS with DX but it does need to count for something other than zero.
>How about 0.5 points for all after the initial zone mult?
>
>73 Gary K7FR
>
>......back to code practice.......
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/