[CQ-Contest] UBN musings...

Jim Pratt n6ig at netcom.com
Fri Mar 20 13:17:48 EST 1998

Well, it seems I too have fallen victim of a well-known K3 operation not
logging a 160 meter QSO with me in the CQWW CW 'test.  Oh well, it is
probably karma catching up with me for having not logged some other W in
a previous contest, so I certainly won't challenge it.  BUT, I hope
others learned what this has taught me:  ALWAYS LOG EVERYONE YOU WORK in a
contest, including every zero-pointer!  I only lost around 1% of QSOs,
including any penalty points, but losing a couple of mults dropped my
score by 6%!  The impact can be devastating to others.  (I do wish I had
tape recorded this contest...)

73, Jim N6IG

PS:  Congrats to the fine group of Hudson Valley Contesters for another
hard fought 160 meter contest victory in the local club category.  I am
sure their gavel will be of special significance to them.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com