[CQ-Contest] When's the next major contest?

Jim White, K4OJ k4oj at ij.net
Sun Mar 29 20:19:51 EST 1998

Less than a month 'til the Florida QSO Party!

No, the FQP is not an ARRL DX a WPX or other "major" but it is about to
become the next major QSO party...

Why?  Activity....

How come there's activity?  Because YOU are going to get on.

Why are you going to get on?  Because this is going to be a fun one....and
every Floridian's effort will be recognized! In addition to mobile teams
endeavoring to get all the FL counties activated during the contest, some
of the ops you will be working from FL include two WRTC entrants and a host
of perennial Big Box finishers .... some of them mobiling for the first
time in their ham careers!

What about non-Floridians....well, if you chase counties and need a Florida
county this will be weekend to clean it up....AND IF YOU LIKE CLEAN SWEEPS,
WE ARE AWARDING AN ORANGE BROOM TO THE FIRST HAM TO SWEEP ALL THE COUNTIES
IN THE FQP.

Have you been to the website for the Florida QSO Party lately?

Tnx to support from numerous individuals and clubs from both within and
outside of Florida there will be an excellent chance that all of the
Florida Counties will be activated next month for the Florida QSO Party,
April 25th & 26th.

If you are a Floridian who would like to join us please go the website at
the bottom of this e-mail and look at the county map. Counties which have
been colored orange, are ones where we have had hams give us commitments to
turn on their radio the weekend of April 25 and 26 and get their county on
the air. Please go there and see if your county has been colored in and if
not, please contact either k4oj at ij.net or kn4t at gate.net and let us know if
you can get on to help us allow some lucky ham a chance to seep Florida.

Thanks in part to the five mobiling efforts we know of so far, the vast
majority of counties have commitments. With the help of some more fixed
stations we can do a better job of routing the mobiles to needed counties
to hopefully ensure a sweep is possible.

If you would like to follow news or add comments on the FQP, we now have an
e-mail reflector, which works similar to the one which brings you this
e-mail form CQ-Contest. Here are the details form the "FAQ" bk

TO: majordomo at qth.net SUBJECT: BODY: subscribe fqp

....there is also have an excellent web page with information on who will
be activating each of Florida's Counties....as we learn of more of them,
this list is updated... mobile operators may wish to check out the www link
to the QRQ police! This website will eventually be a database for records
of the winners from outside Florida as well as all the Florida County
Records...

MY Hustler antenna is "en route"....now, does anybody have a laptop so I
can run NA???????

73, we hope to see ALL OF YOU in the FQP - can I interest anyone in an
orange broom?

Jim, K4OJ/m

Florida Contest Group - visit our website at:

http://www.4w.com/deemer/fcg.htm

What's an FQP? The Florida Contest Group is pleased to announce the rebirth
of the Florida QSO Party, check out the FQP website@:

http://home1.gte.net/wd4ahz/fcg/ssqp.htm

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com