[CQ-Contest] Cheap Alternative

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri May 1 10:49:21 EDT 1998

At 08:13 AM 5/1/98 -0500, WX0B wrote:
>MIke,
>Years ago I put a Heil mic on a RS Pro headset.  It lasted for a few
>contests then the headset elements developed a buzz and distortion from
>cw signals.  Hope yours lasts longer.
>Jay

I did the same, using the more recent phones that they advertise as being
standard at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.  So far they're holding up
fine.  Compared to some of what I've heard recently coming out the windows
of passing cars, CW should be no strain!

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR

"Small antennas up high are better than big ones, low"

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com