[CQ-Contest] SS Contest Results

bogus at does.not.exist.com bogus at does.not.exist.com
Wed May 20 14:46:05 EDT 1998

Wellllllll........

Not always.

W7CT was running my station so I went out mobile and ran QRP. 18 QSOs.
No competitors.
My score ended up at the top of the Utah listings. Jim really was the
winner this time. Go figure.

Alan, KO7X

"No extra points are awarded for having a clean ham shack."
	N4KG writes:

	>Question:
	>
	>Why are the high scores (high power) listed last in the SS
listings,
	>under  the low power scores, which are under the QRP scores?
	>
	>This results in the score listings (from top to bottom) falling
from
	>the high QRP score to low QRP score, then jumping up to the
	>high low-power score down to the low low-power score, and
	>finally jumping to the high high-power score ( THE  SECTION
	>WINNER in most cases) and down to the low high-power score.
	>
	>This hides the section winner somewhere in the middle of each
listing.
	>If the high power scores were listed first, followed by the low
power
	>scores, and finally the QRP scores, a more uniform listing by
score
	>would result.  (Yes, I know there are exceptions, but the
present
	>system is VERY confusing and difficult to follow.)
	>
	>What does ARRL have against placing the winners at the TOP?
	>
	>de  Tom  N4KG

	Tom,

	The QRP winner *is* the winner, and is properly listed at the
TOP
	of the standings.  (QRO is for sissies like me.)

	73,
	Hans, K0HB
	(2nd place, High Power, MN Section)

	"Second Place = First Loser"