[CQ-Contest] Cheap Alternative

Jim Rhodes KC0XU rhodesj at elwood.pionet.net
Sat May 23 19:13:00 EDT 1998

With a little CAREFUL triming of the inside of the original RS housing an
HC-4 element can be mounted. Not quite a perfect fit when I quit carving,
but it holds it nice and tight when glued back together. Take the little
screw out and carefully pry the halves apart, they clamp around the little
square end of the boom. By fitting the new element into the back housing
you can see where it has to be opened up, a little carving on the lip of
the front housing is also required to let the halves come together. Just go
slow on the carving, if you can see daylight through it you went a little
to far. Good luck!

At 07:15 PM 5/23/98 +0100, Scott A. Lehman N9AG wrote:
>To those who were planning to purchase the Radio Shack
>headset and add the Heil mic to it:  It appears that Heil
>has caught on to the deal.  A local contester bought 4 sets
>of the Radio Shack 'phones and tried to order the elements
>and holders from Heil.  They will not sell the holders unless
>a defective one is returned for each one ordered.
>     Anyone want to buy four Radio Shack Headsets??
>
>73, Scott N9AG
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com