[CQ-Contest] RE: ASSISTED OR NOT ?? ARE YOU ETHIC???

Federico J. Baldi, LU4HKN fbaldi at pamela.efn.uncor.edu
Thu Nov 5 01:11:34 EST 1998

Pedro wrote:

<<
       There are some hams that have marvelous multipliers on his
logs!!! you heard them going inmediately a spot is anounced to the
frequency and call the mults and then when you read his submision theay

are in the      NOT ASSISTED CATEGORY  !!!!  CONGRATULATIONS !!! >>

<<       Hope all people follow the example of PY2KC and many others,
especially from SA (PY). >>

During some CQWW SSB from LU7HLF we were working multi/single and there
were many locals on 10 meters calling CQ with no answers, I was not
operating and switched on the VHF and .... yes there were all that guys
passing mults , I asked if they were assisted and nobody answered,
they QSYed (for some minutes, then they started again).
In the results of that year WW I didn't see any of them as assisted,
they were in the "macho" top ten box.
So it's hard to say but when you see the 10 meter top ten with lots of
LU's you are seeing some VERY GOOD ops and some cheaters.

But not all is lost, those cheaters loose interest in contesting very
fast, and the rest, the REAL contesters continue among the years.

No more for this night, see you in the cqww.

73 de Fede, LU4HKN.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com