[CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Sections

Ric Painter wo4o at juno.com
Tue Nov 10 12:41:58 EST 1998

If I understand your question. . . Prior to the game, I print to paper
the appropriate Multiplier database file for the game, tape it to the
front of my packet monitor nearby at eye level and refer to it as needed.
 The list shows most (if not all) of the various abbreviations for each
Multiplier section.  Depending on the software, I think the (domestic)
file names are as follows:

TR = ARRL.DOM
NA = SECTIONS.MLT
CT = SEC.DAT

Should any of these file names be inaccurate, informing me of any
corrections will be appreciated.  Regarding the ARRL 10-m game
specifically, I believe these same files are appropriate (along with
another file for DX Mults).  I hope this helps.  GL and have FUN!

73 Ric Wo4o
wo4o at juno.com

On Mon, 09 Nov 1998 16:22:47 +0000 "Charles W. Shaw" <n5ul at wtaccess.com>
writes:

>Hello,
>
>This is not entirely a rhetorical question.
>
>You convince a ham friend who is a sharp cw op to try Sweepstakes for
>the first time.  He does not do computer stuff--just the magazines.  You

>loan him your spare PS-2 with a contest program installed--ready to go
>with keying line, etc.  He looks it over and wants to know the makeup of

>the RAC Sections.
>
>Where do you tell him to look to find out about NL, MAR, QC, etc. and
>what to do if someone slips him a PEI or NS? (Like happened to me a day
>or something ago.)
>	a.  The SS rules in the October QST?  No, but he will find out
>about PINS.
>	b.  The General Rules in November QST?  Nope.
>	c.  The General Rules for below 30 MHz?  No.
>	d.  Page 12 (or 6~) of QST like it once was?  No.
>	e.  None of the above.
>
>Think it over.  Now he is asking about the ARRL 10 Meter Test.  Don't
>get
>him confused or disillusioned!
>
>73, Charles
>
>Charles W. Shaw, N5UL
>Hobbs, NM (near the SE corner)
><n5ul at wtaccess.com>
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com