[CQ-Contest] Real Old (was: Great Job, Ben)

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Oct 29 10:10:59 EST 1998

At 06:51 AM 10/28/98 utc, KL7RA Fairbanks Alaska wrote:

>I have received e-mail commenting on the "road" to Morocco. I
>sometimes forget that not everyone on this reflector is from an
>English speaking country or "real old". Sorry.
>
>Before WW2 and after a famous singer (Crosby) and comedian (Hope)
>along with an actress (Lamore) made the first DX-pedition movies
>called "road" pictures.
>
>Some but maybe not all:
>
>Road to 9V1, VQ1, CN8, KL7 (by far the best), w6(LAX), PY, YB0
>        OD5 and VR2.
>
>Rich  KL7RA
>
>p.s. AND if YOU have seen one these pictures you're "real old" too.

Well, guess I qualify ...  speaking of which, you can qualify as a
contesting OF if:

You can remember when there were country quotas in the ARRL DX Test

You worked people on 11 meters in DX contests, and the QSOs counted

You had one-point QSOs in Sweepstakes

Any other ideas for suitable criteria?

73,  Pete Smith N4ZR
In wild, wonderful, only middlin' rare WEST Virginia

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com