[CQ-Contest] RE: [WSVHF] VHF Sprints

Russ Pillsbury k2txb at dxcc.com
Wed Apr 14 17:39:17 EDT 1999

I don't like the idea of making the VHF contests like the lowband contests.
It's fun when we get a good band opening and it really gets hectic, but if
the contests were always like that, it would not be fun - it would be just
hard work.  If people want to make the contests into a test to see how many
times they can say hellogoodbye in 4 hours, then I'll do something else.

One further thing, I like the single band contests because it gives a chance
to see what one can do with full attention to a band.  So many contests go
by and I find that a choice dx contact was missed because I was on another
band at the time.  And it's fun to see how your one band station measures up
against others.

I guess that's all I have to say on the matter.  If you still think the
sprints should be on all bands at once, then we'll just have to agree to
disagree.

Very 73, Russ K2TXB

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com