[CQ-Contest] One More WPX Question

Trey Garlough trey at kkn.net
Thu Apr 22 01:27:04 EDT 1999

> I want to honestly and accurately report my scores, so what gives?  What
> do I go with?

A brief comment here: back in the Bad Old Days[tm] it was really
important to make sure you had your log scored right and that all of
your multipliers were accounted for properly.  It is still important
to understand the rules and to do things right, however, in certain
contests (CQWW comes to mind) things are much better now.

For example, when you submit your log via email or on a floppy, your
score is automatically recalculated for you using the "official"
version of the country file and so forth.  I remember we used to
always worry about whether any given GM was a Scotland station or a
Shetland Islands station.  Nowadays it doesn't matter because
everyone's final score is calculated based on the same country file.

The moral of the story is that one shouldn't lose so much sleep over
this type of stuff anymore, because you won't be missing out on any
mults because you forgot to claim them, nor will your rivals get
additional credit for stations that incorrectly claimed as mults.

--Trey, N5KO

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com