[CQ-Contest] It's SV, not SCV!

Bill Fisher, W4AN w4an at contesting.com
Sun Apr 25 00:20:39 EDT 1999

I frequently make this mistake on SSB.  I'm not from California, and at
150+/hr it is easy for me to make this mistake.  I always have to think
twice when someone says "Sacramento Valley".

My thoughts are that you the SV operator is to blame by signing "Sacramento
Valley" instead of "Sierra Victor".  This is the same mistake USA stations
make in the ARRL DX contests by signing "Georgia" instead of "Gulf Alpha".
They assume the rest of the world knows all 50 US state abbreviations.
(I'm guilty of this BTW)

I'll bet your error rate (that is the folks working you) goes down and your
QSO rate goes up by not saying "Sacramento Valley" next year.

Just a thought.

73

Bill

Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)