[CQ-Contest] NIL and Dupes

Jon Ogden jono at enteract.com
Mon Aug 9 16:15:05 EDT 1999

Dick Green wrote:

>How do the log checking programs deal with a NIL if there is a dupe for the
>same QSO later in the log?

Dick,

This brings up a good question I have always had and don't know the
answer to:

What contact is the official one?  The first QSO or the dupe?  I
generally don't even bother to log the dupe QSOs.  If I bust a call due
to a typo or whatever and realize it I'll go back and change the prior
QSO and won't log the second.  But what if the other op does log it?
What if the same thing happens the other way around, etc?

I doesn't happen that often but it does happen.  So what's the best way
to handle it?

73,

Jon
KE9NA