[CQ-Contest] Grid Square Contest

George Fremin III geoiii at kkn.net
Mon Aug 23 12:58:14 EDT 1999

Robert L. Shohet writes:

> Why NOT have a Grid Square contest for HF?

Or you could operate one of the ones that exist.

Like the "TOEC WW GRID CONTEST" - the CW version
was this past weekend I think.

If you would like to view the rules/results you can do it here:

http://www.qsl.net/toec/grid.htm

Or if you prefer both modes on a weekend you might try the:

"World Wide Locator Contest"  -- it even gives you
more points for QSOs on the low bands... It is in March.

You can read about it here:

http://www.okdxc.cz/WWL.HTM

>...mid April date...

Yeah - that would be a good time for a grid contest.
In fact I think there was one at one time.....

http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/9503/0086.html

> the equinoxes.  (I am not a fan of annual contests operated when the low
> band qrn is painful to listen to).

I guess it is good you live up in the northern part of the US.
Seems it is almost always painful on the low bands around here
and other points south.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."
geoiii at kkn.net
830-868-2510
http://www.kkn.net/~k5tr

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com