[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX exchange

Tom Frenaye frenaye at pcnet.com
Wed Feb 17 23:27:49 EST 1999

At 05:28 PM 2/16/99 +0000, someone wrote:
>Nothing against abbreviations. Just the opposite. I thought about using 5nn nn
>before, but the rules say (QST 12/98 p.97 Contest Exchange):
>
>"three-digit number indicating approximate tx output power"
>
>So I will continue to use "5nn att" (or 1tt or 1oo or 100 depending on the
>other guy).  "att" is also shorter than "tnn".

	So I suppose anyone legally running over 999 watts can't participate or can't
	be honest about his/her power?    I know that there has never been anyone
	disqualified in the ARRL DX Contests because they gave the exchange as
"5nn ttt" or
	"599kw" or "59914" or "5nn nn" or "enn att".  So my advice is to give your
power in
	whatever way you think will make it clear to the people you are working.

	We'll have operators standing by all weekend ready to take your call (and
QSO).  And we'll
	figure it out.   If I can't decode "enn att" then we'll log it that way.
You can never go wrong
	logging it as it was sent (of course you may need to adjust your scoring
afterwards if
	someone sends their CQ or ITU zone instead of power...

			73!   Tom
e-mail: frenaye at pcnet.com    YCCC --> http://www.yccc.org/
Tom Frenaye, K1KI, P O Box 386, West Suffield CT 06093 Phone: 860-668-5444

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com