[CQ-Contest] Feb 99 CQ Contest out

henrypol2 at juno.com henrypol2 at juno.com
Sun Jan 17 12:29:16 EST 1999

Sorry to break into the New Technology thread, but ....., and the latest
issue of CQ Contest has arrived.

Front cover photo of I2UIY, AI6V, & W6OAT in front of the towers at P49V
(any ideas on what song AI6V is singing?); with a feature article inside!

Features:
CQWW Records - The View from Japan
WP2Z - The 1998 CQWW SSB from Hurrican Alley (no one was singing in their
group picture)
P40K - Contesting from Aruba, Part 2 (cover story)

Regular Departments:
The Band Edge (editorial) - Obeying the Rules
Up The Tower - Guy-Wire Tension (finally, a picture of the Loos gauges; a
picture really is worth 1K words!; except, there are two pictures from
the W7RM station, and no discusion in the article!)
Monthly Collectible - CQ's 40 Zones of the World (a map and discussion)
A Conversation With - Tim Duffy, K3LR
Continental Countdown - 8P9Z: An Island in the Sun; CQWW Log Checks; The
P40HQ Story
Antennas for Contesting - Performance of Antennas over Irregular Terrain,
and Good Sources for Contest Station Stuff
YL Contesting - A YL CW Op Takes on Panama for the CQWW CW
Contesting History - Tibet Occupied

Interesting that the tear-out subscription forms/envelopes do not count
as pages, such as, in the "mother" magazine - CQ.

ATTENTION - "IK7YTT", Andy, my e-mails to your address come back
"undelivered".

73 and good reading,
Henry Pollock - K4TMC
Raleigh, NC