[CQ-Contest] stubs vs. bandpass filters

Barry Kutner w2up at mindspring.com
Fri Jul 2 21:10:30 EDT 1999

Scott - I believe you are correct. I spoke with Mike at ICE today,
and without putting number on it, he said "adding the second filter
would produce an additive effect somewhat less than twice a single
filter."  I interpret "somewhat" closer to 20 db than 6 db.
Also, the 170W present on antenna 2 with 1500W transmitted on
antenna 1 was a theoretical model generated by EZNEC, placing a
50 ohm load in place of the source on the second antenna
(suggested method by W7EL). Mike suggested it would be
significantly less, which I intend to verify once the antenna is up by
putting a wattmeter in the line of the rcve antenna and connecting it
to a dummy load (NOT a transceiver!) while transmitting on the first
antenna.
I'll report back my findings once the antenna is up (probably not
until fall with the hot wx we've been having!)
73 Barry

Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up at mindspring.com
Newtown, PA         FRC         alternate: barry at w2up.wells.com

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com