[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint CW Date - Change it Back - NOW!

John Crovelli w2gd at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 26 06:28:31 EDT 1999

The power of the internet makes almost anything possible these days.

I really don't understand why the date of this wonderful contest was moved
(it wasn't broken), but with the communications functionality at our
fingertips, there's no reason not to fix what appears to be a very unpopular
decision, and fix it NOW, not next year.

I propose the NA CW Sprint be moved back to the first Saturday in September,
and the appropriate notice be posted on this and other reflectors (hey, we
might even get HQ to issue an official bulletin. Contesters are connected,
they will get the message, and they will show up, regardless of what is
published in a magazine.

BTW, this is not a self-serving message, I will be away on vacation  the
first weekend in Sept. so I'll miss the contest if it's moved back to the
"normal" date.  But for long-term consistency, it seems to be the best
action that could be taken.

OK, Dennis et. al. its now up to you to do what you think is right.

73,

John, W2GD/P40W

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com