[CQ-Contest] Cut [Serial] Numbers

Gary Letchford k0luz at email.msn.com
Thu Jun 3 03:32:37 EDT 1999

Whose time is it saving?  When the qrm is tough and the signal is weak,
cut numbers simply don't "cut" it!  The only person who is saving time is
the guy who is sending the exchange and when you miss a dah or a
dit dah in the qrm,  who gets gigged for the bad contact?   Not the guy
sending the cut numbers!  Only the person who thought he had the right
number but he didn't even realize part of it was missing!   Cut numbers are
ok when there is no qrm and the signals are great all the time.  Does that
sound like contest conditions.   Ban the cut number in CT and TR!
73
Red
K0LUZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com