[CQ-Contest] RTTY in Field Day (Summary)

O Donnell, Glenn D Glenn gdo at lucent.com
Tue Jun 22 17:05:06 EDT 1999

Thanks a 1.0E+06 to everyone for the replies to my inquiry.
I got a mixed bag of answers from, "Absolutely, go for it!"
to, "RTTY will be a waste of time!"  All replies are from people
whom I respect highly.  Here's what we plan to do:

Since we will be operating class 2A, we don't want to sacrifice
a good rate for the sake of some RTTY QSOs.  I do, however,
want to grab whatever we can get so we will set up for RTTY
and go exploring if the rate justifies it.  We can use the second
RX in the IC-775 to check for RTTY activity and switch quickly
if we hear something.  If SSB/CW get REAL slow, we'll try CQing
on RTTY.  I hope to put at least some RTTY QSOs in the log.

Thanks again for the replies and good luck to everyone this weekend!

73 de Glenn K3PP (@K3II this weekend)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com