[CQ-Contest] Sending the wrong exchange

John Downing jdowning at intelenet.net
Tue Mar 9 14:34:49 EST 1999

> Maybe a simple rule that DX stations ahould always send their highest power
> used for the entire contest no matter what the situation of their current
> power would cover this? Or would this be a case of making a rule to
> accomodate the shortcomings of computer logging programs?

The exchange consisting of a fictitious signal report and a three digit
number which may or may not (seems most would prefer "may not") pertain
to anything in the real world like output power is simply the logical
dead end to a meaningless (and, therefore, not worth actually copying)
exchange.

I have a real suggestion borne out of many many QSOs from the DX side in
the ARRL.  How about this:

The DX exchange is QSO number and perhaps total multipliers on that band
to and including that QSO.

This way the log checker's life is made much easier and our fellow
competitors can check out our progress.  Each QSO would then require us
to send and receive something unique beyond a callsign.  Actual real
ability to copy, not just read the packet cluster, would be required.
In addition, it has the effect of minimizing post contest log
modifications.

What do you think?

John W2NA / V31DX

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com