[CQ-Contest] sending/receiving error free code

CP2235 at aol.com CP2235 at aol.com
Wed Mar 10 05:05:00 EST 1999

In an eMail from 09.03.99  00:45:47, you wrote:

<< i agree with u mike.........mis copy of a letter or a nimber in an
 occasional call shud not be peanalized......with all due respect
 i work many JA stns that can't send their call twice the same way.
 and when i ask for clarification i get a third version......

And because you like the above scenario so much you want to encourage it even
more by not checking against "occasional wrong letters" ???

Why dont you understand all the checking as a helping hand given to the
participants, not so much as a lethal penalty?

We are all participating for fun (thats what we always say). I for one am
never very concerned about my score unless I go for top score. SO WHAT if my
log is scrutinely checked and I loose half the points??? At least now I know.
But if I go for top score it is even more all right that the log is 100%
checked, because do I want to win because I am good or do I want to win
because my errors were not found?

73 Con DF4SA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com