[CQ-Contest] SS log checking..a final word

Guy Olinger, K2AV k2av at qsl.net
Wed Mar 10 17:17:58 EST 1999

On Wed, 10 Mar 1999 00:05:31 EST, you wrote:

>Now, for the biggie, what I find AMAZING is that only a couple of you people
>out there responded to my suggestion about emailing logs within 2 hours of the
>end of the contest if you wanted to compete for Top 10.

At the end of any of the contests I really care about, I can barely
find the other rooms of the house. If I wander outside, I might die of
exposure trying to find the door to the bedroom. The LAST thing I want
to do is risk my precious log files to processing and checking by a
zombie (me).

I don't even look at the log until Tuesday or Wednesday night. By then
I have recovered my brain enough to discover all the stupid things I
did in the contest and zero point them.

I think it's very nice you are awake and intelligent at the end of the
contest. More power to you.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com