[CQ-Contest] Deadlines

Henderson, Dan N1ND dhenderson at arrl.org
Tue Mar 23 09:40:56 EST 1999

A reminder that the deadline for submission of ARRL International DX Contest
CW logs is today.  They must be emailed or postmarked by midnight tonight.
The deadline for ARRL International DX Contest Phone logs is still two weeks
off.  Remember to use the contest-specific addresses (found on the Contest
Branch Web Page at http://www.arrl.org/contests

Remember that your files should be named with your callsign, not as the
contest name.  1998DXCW.log may tell you what the logfile is, but it creates
additional work for us to sort out the files.  All of the specifics for file
format and rules are also found from the Contest Branch Home Page.

The Automated Response from our back-up server confirming receipt of logs
was not functional until March 5th because of changes in addresses and the
back-up server was not set-up to handle the new addresses.  But unless you
got your email back saying "undeliverable" don't panic that you didn't get
your CW entry into the queue.  We just do not have the resources in the
office to stop and check dozens of  "please see if my entry is there"
requests (some even from people who received the automated response
confirming receipt.)  We will post the list of Logs Received when the
database is ready, but that will be at least 6-8 weeks.  We are currently
working on the 10 Meter Logs, which will be followed by (in order) the RTTY
Round-Up, the January VHF SS, then the ARRL DX CW and then ARRL DX Phone.

Finally, the automated server is now set up to reflect the Subject Line of
the messages it receives.  It took some time for this to happen because the
volunteer who manages that system for us has been out of the country and
working on other priorities.  Hopefully this will now help make the system
even better and easier to use.

73

Dan Henderson, N1ND
Contest Branch Manager, ARRL