[CQ-Contest] MRRC Dayton Hospitality Suite

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Sat May 1 00:25:28 EDT 1999

	Back in the Good Old Days, hospitality suites at Dayton meant a
rather small room on an upper floor of whatever hotel (Sheraton, Admiral
Bimbo, Stouffer's, etc.), packed with people and with crowds flowing out into
the hallways.  We fondly remember the visits from hotel security about
complaints from the one poor non-ham on the floor who actually thought 1 a.m.
was a good time to be sleeping!

	With the advent of the main floor suite, and its crowds overflowing
into the hallway outside (with no guests there to complain), the upper floor
suites, including Mad River's, have not had the people like in the Good Old
Days.

	Recognizing this trend (not to mention that many of us now find 1
a.m. a perfectly fine time to be sleeping!    zzzz ~ :-)-<--<    ),  we have
chosen this year not to have our suite at the Crown Plaza.  In its place the
Mad River Radio Club is pleased to announce:

			THE MAD RIVER RADIO CLUB "SUITE IN THE SUN"

	The "Suite in the Sun" will  give contesters a place to meet, talk,
and relax in the flea market during the day on Friday and Saturday, May
13-14.  Soft drinks and light refreshments will be offered, as well as a
place to sit down and talk contests.  Just show up and use any good contester
password, like "running Europe", "new multiplier", "FT-1000MP", or whatever!

	The "suite" will be located in flea market spaces  #3858-3860.  This
is several rows back from the Arena, just off the main aisle,  to the right
as you head back from the hockey rink rear door.

	Stop by, say hello, and hang around for a bit while you take a break
from your search for bargains. Get a head start on the evening hospitality
suites!  Or take some time to look for some fine bargains among the goodies
our club members will be selling.

	We're looking forward to Dayton, and seeing our friends and fellow
contesters at the first MRRC Suite in the Sun!   (Only two weeks away!)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com