[CQ-Contest] FT-1000 Vs FT-1000MP

john battin jbattin at email.msn.com
Mon May 3 13:25:31 EDT 1999

I had a 1000  and an mp side by side for over a year and now I have two
1000's because in two radio operation is harder if the radios are not the
same.
  The block diagram of the receivers are the same, so there is very little
difference.  The biggest difference is the power.  The mp is a little more
convenient with many menu selected variables and two antenna connections.  I
love the audio filter in the 1000 for pulling weak signals out of the
mud...and at best the dsp on the mp might do as well. The inside of the mp
is much cleaner and up-to-date with surface mount parts etc.. The 1000 is
pretty much jammed together.
Many guys do not like the mp display...you can see things that are not
turned on. And I like the meter on the 1000 rather than bar graph on the mp.
  A close call....the 200 watts is probably the swing factor. John  K9DX