[CQ-Contest] Apr wpx and busted q

Barry Kutner w2up at mindspring.com
Wed May 5 13:44:30 EDT 1999

On  5 May 99, Darrell Neron <otpaphil at erols.com> wrote:

> I agree with Bill about some of the best prop in May. I remember that
> year also when 15 AND 20 were open around the clock. Might be nice to
> avoid the holiday - but it is only a holiday in the US, and not the rest
> of the world.

It wouldn't be a CQ contest (CW, anyway...) if it's not on an American
holiday!

On the subject of accurate logs and penalities: Anyone who doesn't
submit a log because of potential penalties must follow that course
because they know how poor their log is. Speaking as one who has been
in the Top Ten of accurate logs - I don't make guesses on partial
callsigns. If I'm not sure of the call, it doesn't go in the log.
73 Barry
Barry Kutner, W2UP                            Internet: w2up at mindspring.com
Newtown, PA                                   Frankford Radio Club

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com