[CQ-Contest] Other layout considerations

n5nj at att.net n5nj at att.net
Thu May 6 17:22:02 EDT 1999

I'm not one to dispute what my old friend Pat says, but,
being in the computer biz has told me that the monitor
should be more towards eye-level than on the table.
Keeping your neck bent for 48 hours is no fun.

In the Sprint you may need to look at your radio for the
entire contest, but I find that I look at the monitor
more in most of the contests.

I am experimenting with my station layout and I think
that having the two radios side by side with the monitor
above them may be OK as some have suggested, but I'm
finding that having the radios to either side of the
monitor may be the best with all of them elevated off of
the desk.  This way, turning slightly from one side to
the other let's you focus on the radio you're using.
Oh, and the monitor should be as far back on the table
as you have room for and you can still focus on it - not
right in front of your face.

See you all in Dayton.

NJ

--