[CQ-Contest] Relaxed log checking

Marijan Miletic Marijan.Miletic at ijs.si
Fri May 7 09:28:44 EDT 1999

I've seen a fare share of contest logs in 35 years.  Latest batch of 150+
arrived for Slovenian Contest Club RTTY Championship held for the first time
last August.  They were in plain ASCII text, Excell, Word, Writelog, CT and
even in WF1B format.  Ray, WF1B kindly provided his RTTY program so we
converted all the paper logs to electronic form.  Complete crosschecking was
done which produced a database of over 600 callsigns with year first licensed.
All the claimed scores were recalculated and many people profited from that.

I am not a big sportsman but I often hear that the contest should be decided
at the playing field and not at the green tables in the smoking rooms :-)

However, I am aware of extensive use of databases and I agree that guessing
should be discouraged.  But the penalty should not be tougher than the crime.

More info about S57AD approach to logchecking for EUHFC can be found at:
http://lea.hamradio.si/~scc.  Some of it would be applied to WRTC-2000.

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com