[CQ-Contest] W4AN on super duper

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Sat May 8 18:02:28 EDT 1999

w4an at contesting.com writes:

<< I use Super Check Partial.  The damned cat is out of the bag on that one.
 But if all the contest sponsors outlawed it, and K8CC, N6TR, and K1EA
 removed it from their programs - I believe nearly 100% of the operators
 would do the right thing and not use the database. >>

Or you could start by having the "keepers" of the database stop collecting,
sorting, and distributing the data.  Clearly, I like this concept
(banning)...so write to your favorite contest sponsor and let your voice be
heard.  The "cat out of the bag" or "genie out of the bottle" concept should

NOT be the reason why this "feature" shouldn't be banned.  It is a DUMBING
DOWN module...not what skill is made of.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com