[CQ-Contest] post contest "corrections"

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Sun May 9 20:23:59 EDT 1999

In a message dated 5/9/99 2:04:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time, ku7y at dri.edu
writes:

<< But I do have one question..... I usually make notes during
 the contest. These notes are to correct verious typos that
 I see but can't get to with the computer in real time.

 I have always felt that it was OK to "fix" those things
 because the information was from me and was done during the
 battle!

 Is that not allowed in CQWW?

YES.  When you make "a note" as you have outlined above, you have actually
made an addition to you log DURING THE CONTEST but it is not yet included in

the final version of the log.  After the contest, you are simply
consolidating the parts of your log, NOT creating a new log and NOT editing
your effort from during the contest period by utilizing new information or
knowledge from after the contest period.  Good question!

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com