[CQ-Contest] Misc Log Checking

Jeffrey Steinman steinman at nortelnetworks.com
Mon May 10 13:20:08 EDT 1999

I don't like the 3 for 1 busted call penalty, either. Needs to be updated to
be more
in line with current log checking techniques. But change my method of log
submission because of it ????

C'mon, folks - send in the %^*& electronic log! Having been a log checker I
know what
a *pain* it is to type a log in. Especially when you are reading off of a
computer printout - which means you are wasting time typing something in
that came from a
computer !
Sure, there are still "true" paper logs out there from parts of the world,
but not too
many [top scores] any more.

In the case of someone submitting a computer printout but no electronic file
I would
like to see the major contest sponsors simply scan the log in, so it can be
processed
just like the rest of the electronic logs. Errors introduced by this process
are at the risk of the entrant. End of story.

Is my error rate as low as I would like ? No, it could be better. Cost me a
shot at a record last year. Hats off guys like K1TO, K4BAI and N2IC who all
had reductions <1.5%.
But MY error rate is pretty decent. And more important it's acceptable to
ME. Don't really care what the rest of the world thinks about it.

73

Jeff N5TJ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com