[CQ-Contest] Eu Sprint CW

I2UIY i2uiy at cqww.com
Wed May 12 23:29:50 EDT 1999

Remember: 15 May 1999 = Eu Sprint CW !!

                         EU SPRINT 1999
The EU Sprint Gang hereby invites you to participate in the  four
European Sprint Contests held in 1999

Entrants:  any  licensed station may enter the  Sprint.  European
stations can work everybody, stations outside of Europe can  work
only European stations.

Categories: Single Operator ONLY. Only ONE signal may be aired at
one time.

Dates:
EU SPRINT Spring:
SSB: third Saturday in April - 17 April 1999 - managed by G4BUO
CW:  third Saturday in May - 15 May 1999 - managed by B.C.C.
EU SPRINT Autumn:
SSB:  first  Saturday in October - 2 October 1999  -  managed  by I2UIY
CW:   second Saturday in October - 9 October 1999 -  managed  by OK2FD

Time: from 15:00 UTC until 18:59 UTC.

Bands:  20,  40 and 80 meters only. Pilot frequencies  are:  SSB:
14.250, 7.050, 3.730. CW: 14.040, 7.025, 3.550

Exchange: all of the following data MUST BE PART OF THE EXCHANGE:
a) your callsign,
b) the other station's callsign,
c) your serial number starting from 001 (RST not required),
d) your name or nickname.
Please  note  that  BOTH  callsigns  MUST  be  repeated  by  BOTH
stations.
A valid exchange is: "OK2FD de I2UIY 118 Paolo" while "OK2FD  118
Paolo" is NOT a valid exchange.

Special QSY Rule: if any station initiates a call (by sending CQ,
QRZ?, etc.), he is permitted to work ONLY one station on the same
frequency. He must thereafter move AT LEAST 2 (two) kHz before he
may  call  another station or before he may  solicit  again  (CQ,
QRZ?, etc.) other calls.

Valid  contacts:  valid contacts are QSOs  correctly  logged  and
confirmed. Each operator may use ONE and ONLY one name during the
Sprint. If the exchange is copied incorrectly, that operator will
receive  zero  (0) points. In case of miscopied  callsigns,  both
stations will receive zero (0) points for that QSO.

Scoring: each valid QSO counts one 1 (one) point. The final score
is the total number of QSOs.

Awards:   Colorful  certificates will be issued to  the  winners.
Results will  be forwarded   as  soon  as  possible  to  Leagues,
magazines and bulletins.

Logs: a single chronological log is required. PLEASE SEND US YOUR
LOG ON A FLOPPY DISK. Use any of the available software or send a
plain  ASCII  file.  A separate summary sheet  is  required  too.
Please  send us the right files: if you use DL2NBU's sw, we  want
yourcall.ASC  file,  if you use N6TR's sw, we  want  yourcall.DAT
file,  if you use the IK4EWK's sw, we want yourcall.DBF file.  If
you    want  the   latest release of the DL2NBU   software,   you
can    download  it  from  the  BCC  homepage:   <http://www.uni-
erlangen.de/~unrz45/BCC>.
Logs must be sent NO later than 15 days after the contest to  the
appropriate address:
- Spring SSB Sprint: Dave Lawley, G4BUO,  Carramore,  Coldharbour
Road, Penshurst, Kent, TN11 8EX, England, UK.
-  Spring  CW Sprint: Bernhard Buettner,  DL6RAI,  Schmidweg  17,
85609 Dornach, Germany.
- Autumn SSB Sprint: Paolo Cortese, I2UIY, P. O.  Box  14,  27043
Broni (PV), Italy.
- Autumn CW Sprint: Karel Karmasin, OK2FD, Gen. Svobody 636,  674
01 Trebic, Czech Republic.

Logs for any of the four events may also be sent by Internet Mail
to  "eusprint at dl6rai.muc.de". The receipt of your electronic  log
will be confirmed. If you don't receive a confirmation within two
days, try again or use the postal system.

Thanks in advance for your participation de: G4BUO, I2UIY,  OK2FD
& the B.C.C. Sprint Committee.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com