[CQ-Contest] Re: SCP

Rex J Maner k7qq at juno.com
Wed May 12 14:42:00 EDT 1999

VE4XT wrote:
I use a SCP database created only from my own logs.  I have no ethical
>dilemna with using it.  I copied all the information in it myself.
>(unfortunately as the busted-call/exchange report illustrated, not
>always correctly!)

Quacks
I've done a bit of SS from /mobile over the past few years.  From La and
had um ?? La ? Lax ? and when from Illinois give me a ? and from Wtx the
same thing. ( won the L/P with a sweep and 18? Q's for this one. )(wtx)

		  NOW I'M WONDERING ?

How many missed my section and I also never know until 10 min before
contest time whether I'm going   A or B  that depends on what the
competition is gonna be doing sometimes  !!!!

On Wed, 12 May 1999 09:50:20 +0000 Doug Smith <w9wi at bellsouth.net>
writes:

>VE4XT wrote:
>> SCP -- I'm on the fence on this one. What do you think? If the SCP
>> database is compiled from the operator's own past contests, it seems
>> me to be but an extension of check partial. If it's OK to do check
>> partial based on previous QSOs in the same contest, is it really a
>> violation to do check partial based on QSOs in previous contests?
>Are
>
>I use a SCP database created only from my own logs.  I have no ethical
>dilemna with using it.  I copied all the information in it myself.
>(unfortunately as the busted-call/exchange report illustrated, not
>always correctly!)
>
>Off the top of my head, I remember that K4WX's check is 57.  I
>remember
>that K6LL's section is Arizona.  I remember that K3WWP prefers QRP &
>his
>precedence will probably be Q.  The SCP database is an extension of
>that
>part of my own memory.  Of course, I can only use that SCP database to
>*suggest* what elements of the exchange should be - if I'm certain I
>just heard K6LL send "AL" as his section, I'm probably going to ask
>for
>a fill.
>
>SCP databases of calls copied by *others* (or filled in other ways)
>I'm
>much less fond of.  One is actually letting other people copy
>information for you.
>--
>Doug Smith W9WI
>Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66
>http://personal.bellsouth.net/~w9wi
>

>--
>CQ-Contest on WWW:        http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
>Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com