[CQ-Contest] Texas QSO Party Route:WA8GHZ

W5HNS at aol.com W5HNS at aol.com
Sun May 16 17:27:36 EDT 1999

--part1_d12acb85.24708438_boundary

	 TXQP: WA8GHZ/M/5 Draft Route
 From:	jdougher at wt.net (WA8GHZ)

 Ebanos is a human powered ferry boat across the RiyoGrahnday that the
 XYL has her heart on riding.  About 8 guys pull this barge (that holds 2
 autos) across the 75-yard river by pulling/man-handling a 3-inch thick
 rope - Quite a sight, and hope to experience it Sat. night or Sunday
 morning.  If we're not on the air Sunday A.M., I'll be searching for a
 radio-equipped GMC pickup with antennae on the bottom of the
 river.......

 So general plan is to start TXQP at 9AM Saturday from Victoria, drive
 South to McAllen, then turn back North for possible Sat. night in Rio
 Grande City on the border.  Then, Sunday,  back North in a circle to
 Victoria and Houston.  Any extra time, we'll double back to catch the
 odd neighboring county.

 COUNTY PLAN (in order):
 Victoria
 Refugio
 San Patricio
 Nueces
 Jim Wells
 Brooks
 Hidalgo
 Starr  (OVERNIGHT SAT. STOP)
 Zapata
 Jim Hogg
 Duval
 McMullen
 Live Oak
 Bee
 Goliad
 Victoria
 Jackson
 Wharton
 Fort Bend
 Harris  (Houston)

 BAND PLAN:   Mostly 20M unless 10 opens good.

 RIG PLAN:
 IC-706, Bug-Catcher, Worth-More 400W Amp, Key by Kent, K-3 Keyer by
 Idiom Press, and Maybe EQF logging if my new laptop isn't a QRN
 generator :)

 Plan on 400 Watt CW Ops with the longest call sign in the event.  Will
 post any last minute changes to the plan.
 73
 WA8GHZ /5 /M /County
 Jack (and Ann the Driver/Coach/Nourishment Executive)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com