[CQ-Contest] Single Op Rules

Fred Laun K3ZO aalaun at ibm.net
Tue May 25 15:30:13 EDT 1999

Just for the record, at K3ZO:

W3MC does the emergency antenna work and routine antenna maintenance.
KC1XX & Co. do the major antenna work.  K3ZO does not and has never
climbed, though in earlier years
I did assemble the  new antennas on the ground before somebody else put
them up.  I don't even do that any more, though I still "supervise."

As for equipment, I have spare transceivers and amplifiers.  If one goes
out I replace it with another while N6CZG, a professional electrical
engineer who rents my basement apartment, repairs the piece of equipment
which has just gone bad while I continue to operate the contest.  This
piece of gear then becomes the backup for the spare that I have pressed
into service.

If anyone wants to invent a new category that will fit me, I will gladly
change to that category and continue to have fun in the contests.  Until
then, I will continue to operate SOHP.

73, Fred

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com