[CQ-Contest] 80/40 LP for CQWW

Bruce Lallathin aa8u at modempool.com
Thu Sep 2 18:34:16 EDT 1999

Years ago, must have been about 15-20 years now I purchased a book, "The
Giant Handbook of Amateur Radio Antennas" or something similar to that
title. I think it was published by 73 Magazine. Some time ago I loaned
it out to a budding novice that I have since lost track of.

In that book was the plans for constructing a vertically polorized log
periodic that could work for 80/40M or a single band depending on the
construction.

The wire version of this antenna is fairly easy and quick to construct.
With CQWW just around the corner I find, er I think I may, need just
such an antenna pointed South. As I recall, this type of antenna has a
very wide beam pattern so it would cover a lot of azimuth.

I tried modeling one with AO 6.5 but I'm not sure what I came up with was
what the author published.

I sure would appreciate it if anyone here has this book and could shoot me a
copy of the article. Also has anyone here ever built this antenna? Any tales
to tell about it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

73,
Bruce