[CQ-Contest] (Operating) Position Wanted

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Fri Sep 3 21:35:47 EDT 1999

Circumstances have developed  for me such that for the first time since about
1983, I'm able to consider a trip outside the USA for a major DX contest.  Is
there anyone out there that needs a reasonably competent operator for CQWW,
from a interesting location?  CW in November is the preferred mode and time,
but if my work situation permits SSB may be feasable.  Due to a major project
at work I can't commit for the October weekend just yet, and for the same
reason I don't have time to do a lot of planning on my own.

I'm flexible as to the situation (beggars can't be choosy):  Winning the
world is not the major objective (2 point land is fine),  I expect that some
antenna work, etc., will be involved, but  I would rather have some fun than
spend a full week or more setting up a super station.  I assume a multiop
situation is the most likely scenario, but could also do a guest single op
from an established station.  Of course I'd expect to pay my share of
expenses, etc.

Any openings out there?

73  -  Jim   K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com