[CQ-Contest] NCJ CTT&T topic

Gary Sutcliffe ums at nconnect.net
Tue Sep 7 07:37:45 EDT 1999

Hi Gang!

The deadline for the next NCJ is approaching rapidly, and I'm looking for
your suggestions for this issue's topic for my Contest Tips, Tricks &
Techniques column.  Please reply directly to me and be sure your call sign
is in your reply. Thanks again!

The Search for the Lost Decibel

 Now that you've been using the same radios and antennas for a while, where
do you find the extra decibel to give you the edge over the competition?
What surprising discoveries have you made in your quest
for ultimate station efficiency?  How much is an extra dB worth in extra
QSOs or multipliers? How much would you be willing to pay for an extra dB
in transmit signal strength? How much for an extra dB in S/N on receive?
If you could improve your beam by a dB in either forward gain or F/B, where
would you put it?  How many dB does it take to reach the next lower tiers
of stations?

73 - Gary W9XT
w9xt at qth.com

Gary Sutcliffe, W9XT          Unified Microsystems
ums at nconnect.net              PO Box 133
http://www.QTH.com/w9xt       Slinger, WI 53086

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com