[CQ-Contest] CQ cuts Contest Coverage

thompson at mindspring.com thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Sep 14 18:11:50 EDT 1999

Dick Ross K2MGA Owner/publisher of CQ Magazine (A CQ Communications
Publication)
has decided to reduce the pages available for contest coverage.  The CQ 160
will be cut to 5 1/2 pages
from the present 10 1/2 pages.  There will be similar cuts in all CQ
sponsored contests.

The results take up 4 pages so there will be only 1 1/2 pages for box
scores, soapbox, plaques, and a short write up.
I plan on using the 4 pages for results, deleting the soapbox and multi
operator operator list, just listing the TOP 10 and plaques with call
letters (No scores or explanation).  I hope we can fit in 1/2 to 3/4 page
for the write up article.
Not sure about pictures (will try for 2).

Dick promises to give expanded coverage in CQ Contest Magazine (K3EST
Editor).   I hope to expand the CQ 160 information on the CQ Magazine web
page.  Currently the rules are there and I hope to have claimed scores,
Expanded TOP 10, and corrections also.

73 Dave K4JRB
CQ 160 Contests Director

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com