[CQ-Contest] CQ Certificates

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Sep 23 12:06:34 EDT 1999

At 04:25 PM 9/22/1999 -0400, O Donnell, Glenn D (Glenn) wrote:

>KN7T has a much more civil response than some others that I've seen.
>
>OK, so K1IR's idea of injecting a money isn't a good one, but let's
>not tear him to shreds.  I know Jim and he is a decent guy.  I know
>he's not trying to undermine contesting or the financially strapped
>individuals involved.
>
>We can disagree with one another without getting abusive.  That's
>one of the virtues that is supposed to separate us from the 11m
>(and much of the 75m) gang.  Lighten up guys!

I agree with Glenn.  Moreover, let's get real -- the amount of work that
would be required to generate and mail certificates for CQWW, for example,
is truly modest, compared to the effort involved in cross-checking all
those logs.  I'd estimate no more than a day would be required,
particularly if the typesetting file from the magazine could be made
available to a volunteer certificate-sender as a data source.

I'll do it, if they need a current volunteer.

If people have already volunteered, and have either received no answer or
been turned down, then there is some other reason.  Is it possible CQ is so
strapped they don't want to spend the money for printing certificates
and/or postage?

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com